• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 sidewinder SE decals. Flat black / be careful

jonlafon1

Lifetime Member
Mount Morris, WI. Chaney Lake, Upper MI eh!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX_SE

2024 Catalyst RXC

2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE. 11750 miles (SOLD)
Be VERY careful with decals on this SE. The flat black areas are very sensitive to any Brake cleaner or cleaners. I just barely touched it with a little brake cleaner and it turned white. I was cutting holes for vents and cleaning before applying round vents. The flat black areas have no gloss coating on the upper surface.
Cleaner Maxima SC1 >> no issues works fine on flat black
E90F504D-6183-429E-BAF0-F4F88B1299D2.jpeg
D2E3B2F4-56EC-4663-BF21-FC6708A493CD.jpeg

Last edited:

I did the same thing to my 2020...the decal disintegrated...about $100 to replace one side. Thanks for the tip on cleaning them. Joe

I did the same thing to my 2020...the decal disintegrated...about $100 to replace one side. Thanks for the tip on cleaning them. Joe
I was about to post a warning but found this was already discussed. I had a couple drops of gas touch upper left decal, it disintegrated immediately. I rubbed with my finger and made it worse lol. As also mentioned, the one spot turned whiteish also. Will attempt today to try and bring back the colour, hopefully.

Back