• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

21 Sidewinder Full ROV Delete

BoostBoy21

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 Sidewinder XTX LE 146
Hey guys i have a 21 yamaha sidewinder i will be deleting the ROV while i am doing my DMC Gear and pads along with new RTV on the oil tank from the pressure buildup. Wondering if it would be okay to remove the ROV heater and all the hose from the sled. Will i get a code having an uplugged wire for that heater? Would rather not leave it plugged in and mounted. Thanks in advanced!

You can remove the heated ROV wires. You will not get a code from doing so. I did this also. I used the wires for a AFR gauge.. But most disconnect the heated ROV wires and wrap them up. Obviously not touching each other.. Wrap up in electrical tape.

Also maybe post your stuff in the Sidewinder section instead of general.. Your a Sidewinder guy now!. Welcome

You can remove the heated ROV wires. You will not get a code from doing so. I did this also. I used the wires for a AFR gauge.. But most disconnect the heated ROV wires and wrap them up. Obviously not touching each other.. Wrap up in electrical tape.
That is a good idea! I have a manual boost gauge i need to wire up as well so this makes that easier for me with that idea! Thanks jonlafon1

Great. I run the KOSO wide band off the Heated ROV wires with a inline fuse.. Been perfect for 2500 miles on my 2022.

Roger that man. I am still new to the website and am learning my way to navigate through all the threads lol. I found the sidewinder forum all good now!

Roger that man. I am still new to the website and am learning my way to navigate through all the threads lol. I found the sidewinder forum all good now!
Tons of good guys on here with better knowledge then most dealers

Back