• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

4 wheels kit Vs ski lift

Alsim

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
LTX SE 2018
I was wondering if the four wheels kit reduce ski lift ? Is it a big improvement for the handling and cornering?

Some may disagree but I say nothing noticeable. I've added the outside wheels to 4 sleds that I've owned that came stock with with only 2 inners. Never noticed a handling difference on any. Two on this chassis and the other two were other types. They might stop the track from rolling in some but....I've always said that those that those who say it's noticeable were either marketing them or have vivid imaginations. ;)

I bought my '14 XTX slightly used. It only had the 2 inner wheels. I added the 4th wheel kit not for handling or anything other than stiffening the rear. I'm a really big guy and I worried about bending a rail or something with only the 2 wheels in the rear.

I have installed 2 of them this year. Both tri-hub assemblies were toast at 2500-3000 miles. I installed mine to upgrade the tri-hub and keep snow from hitting me in the back!!!

Back