• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

6 Ounce Battery?

scott32

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
07 Apex RTX se, 09 Nytro XTX
I am not an electrician, but tell me why this can't work to eliminate the battery altogether.. http://www.motovan.com/antigravity-batteries-micro-start-xp-5/ Could you simply carry it with you and plug it in with a velcro case for when you ride and pull it out and take it with you to charge at night etc. Help me out here fellas..looking to get rid of that heavy battery. Thanks, Scott

:dunno:I believe that unit can be used to boost dead batteries in sled cars etc and electronics. Fyi if I'm reading your post properly the "heavy battery" deal probably need not worry when the sled is parked.;)

6000mah with 300amp peak for jumpstarting and a 5v 2,1 amp usb port for powering other devices such as phone, ipad and blah, blah, blah.

:dunno:I believe that unit can be used to boost dead batteries in sled cars etc and electronics. Fyi if I'm reading your post properly the "heavy battery" deal probably need not worry when the sled is parked.;)
The deal with taking it with you is that most lightweight lithium-ion batteries don't like the cold. So with this it could stay warm with you and plug-in before you turn the key. I'm wondering if it would be enough to supply the system while running sled and charge off the stator though the exsisting eletrical system to act as a portable type battery???

Ok if your going to put that in place of a battery I'm not sure how the charging system will react to it or rather that battery will react.. I'm not an electrician either but your sled battery is charged in amps and that battery is charged in mil-amps. I would predict it would explode! You can't run or shouldn't run the sled without a battery as that can damage the charging system. You can't run the sled on that battery without charging it as it will be dead in a short time. I wonder how many cranking amps it puts out and for how long. So I think in IMHO you will have to look to something else for a battery.

Why does everyone worry about the weight of a Battery? If the one in my sled goes I'm replacing it with the larger heavier battery from the RX. It has to start first before you can even ride it! It got real old real quick having to boost a riding buddy because he thought saving a couple pounds was cool when his sled wouldn't start in the morning anymore. Maybe he needed one of those in his pocket.

Sasquatch, Maybe I need a 2lbs earth X to maintain the system, then keep this handy!! Sub 500lbs and 200hp+ is the goal. It's not just a couple lbs, its all of them put together. It may take 5yrs to complete the project due to restraints, but I bet I beat Yammi to it..lol

Like a car or any other vehicle that has a battery system in place you need that battery to supply power to everything.
It is the vehicle's power storage unit. The alt. or stator charges and keeps a supply of power to the battery and thus keeping a good supply of amps and volts to the vehicle. The replacement battery must be able to handle the out going as well as the incoming power demands for as long as the demand is there. That's why batteries are heavy. The industry has worked very hard to lighten them up but has not come up with the perfect replacement for the lead battery as of yet. There are alternatives but they are expensive and some don't work in the cold.

We could also get into voltage drops through out the system and what that means for the ecm and other electronics the sleds have if you do not have the correct power storage and power release
but that would be another three pages to get thru.

sorry read that wrong it says V6 not 6V...lol Maybe the answer is to put a super light weight batery in the sled and then carry one of thease to jump it to get it started???

Cool unit and could come handy, I got one and will have it on the sled just in case, hope I or anyone else doesn't need it.

Well it will be a "good backup for USB devices" so at least it has that going for it - lol.

There is a reason that jumper cables, jump pack cables, start boost cables etc have GIANT clamps and wires. Jumping vehicles is all about the amps, not the volts. The little wires on that thing would have a hard time starting a mower.

Unfortunately, there is no magic when it comes to amperage. Lithium will put more capacity in a smaller package that is true (about 4 to 1 in general terms). A 12 pound lead acid battery will be about 3 pounds in lithium give or take. so a 6oz lithium battery will have the capacity of about a 24oz lead acid.

Not saying you can't take what power is in this thing and transfer it to another battery, I'm sure you can. Just don't think it will start your dead 4 stroke battery. Bring a set of motorcycle jumpers with you if you are worried about a bad battery, at least then you will have a chance get home - just sayin'.

A V10 seriously? Started with a 6oz battery with 6000mah capacity?

I guess I have too much engineering in me and not enough fantasy. 6000mah is 6000mah no magic - seriously read up on it you won't even need 30 minutes of research, forget the degree.

A full sized ipad has a 6600mah battery in it.
A galaxy s5 phone has a 3000mah battery in it.
This unit mentioned has a Chinese spec of 6000mah

Again, I have no doubt that this unit can transfer most of its 6000mah to something else, I just don't believe it can magically create more.

But then you can buy one of these and get 30 more MPG and 100 more HP for your truck, for under $15.00 and it has a money back guarantee so it must work.

Last edited:

Back