• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

6 Ounce Battery?

Well it will be a "good backup for USB devices" so at least it has that going for it - lol.

There is a reason that jumper cables, jump pack cables, start boost cables etc have GIANT clamps and wires. Jumping vehicles is all about the amps, not the volts. The little wires on that thing would have a hard time starting a mower.

Unfortunately, there is no magic when it comes to amperage. Lithium will put more capacity in a smaller package that is true (about 4 to 1 in general terms). A 12 pound lead acid battery will be about 3 pounds in lithium give or take. so a 6oz lithium battery will have the capacity of about a 24oz lead acid.

Not saying you can't take what power is in this thing and transfer it to another battery, I'm sure you can. Just don't think it will start your dead 4 stroke battery. Bring a set of motorcycle jumpers with you if you are worried about a bad battery, at least then you will have a chance get home - just sayin'.

Considering the stock battery only has 200cca, the 300 provided in boost mode should do it. There may not be another sled with a battery around to use the bike jumpers. Anywho, these little power packs can come in real handy.
Caltrex, where did you source that one out at. It has double the mah capacity and snother 100 peak amps..nice.

You didn't go to the website and thoroughly read up did you? If you did you would understand why I can't wrap my mind around what your trying to ellude me to believe.

I have 4 years learning and over 15 years in the field on the subject.

BTW - I visited the site you linked to and got this for you from there,

"For use in Snowmobiles the fact is that all Lithium Batteries have what is called “Cold Lag”… when lithium is extremely cold it will suffer from initially sluggish performance until it is warmed up. The battery self warms with short start attempts by discharging amperage which cause it to self-warm and soon get it’s full power back, but it must be pointed out that Snowmobiles are often ridden in these extreme temperatures and must consider this Cold Lag issue"

I didn't want to go into the science beyond the simple lack of capacity, (6000mah) for most that would have been understanding enough.

In case my wife is reading this, If you want a portable jump unit just get one with a higher capacity, don't waste your money on one under 10,000mah. 15,000+ would be preferred. That is all I am trying to say.

Last edited:
specs on mine

The dealer took a batt out of a car and started it with this to try it. should boost a sled no problem

Ya.. I'd say half that should start a sled..especially if you had it in where it was warm before you used it to boost.

specs on mine

The dealer took a batt out of a car and started it with this to try it. should boost a sled no problem

Yep I want to see it do that at -30 to -40. Don't get me wrong portable power is nice, emergency start is nice! But in 10 years of running a fourstoke sled I have never needed a boost. I carry bat cables with me but never have I needed them for my sled. Only for the guy with the little lightweight battery that won't start his sled in the winter.

Sasquatch, Maybe I need a 2lbs earth X to maintain the system, then keep this handy!! Sub 500lbs and 200hp+ is the goal. It's not just a couple lbs, its all of them put together. It may take 5yrs to complete the project due to restraints, but I bet I beat Yammi to it..lol

Maybe! It might work well with the two combined on start up! The earth X is a better choice to use as a sled battery. The biggest thing with the lithium is they need to have a draw of power to warm them up a bit to get full power. Well that and cost. Some people will go to the extreme to save a pound. Good luck! It would be nice to have as a cell phone charger so I find these things interesting!

BTW - for anyone that is interested a CCA is a very specific measure, it isn't some unknown or variable specification.

A CCA is the rated output for 30 seconds constant at 0degF with under 10% voltage drop.

So a 12VDC battery listed as 300CCA needs to output 300Amps for 30 seconds constant at 0degF with less than 1.2V drop.

Read up on lithium and you will find that at 0degF they will put out less than 20% of their rating.

Earth x is no good on vipers. Messes with system

I find this very strange, only because there is a popular Cat Performace shop selling Earth x. I believe its the ETX36 series. Wierd they would sell something that causes issues. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but was there not a few other issues with throwing codes on Vipers even with the stock battery? Cat must not be using the batteryless efi system they developed yrs ago, if so the battery would have no ill effects on motor operation what so ever.

Last edited:
For some reason on the vipers it starts fine but wont staying running and get error codes on the screen

Could they have been low voltage codes, I recall some of these issues with members here and the culprit was deemed low battery level due to not being fully charged from the dealer. Some batteries or low quality chargers will show full charge but if not charged for the full recommended duration, once under load will depleat quickly. That's my best guess...

please keep the personal remarks out of the topic.

Back