• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

6) Removing the Exhaust, Running Board Repair....5/28/09

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Me and my son Zach hard at work removing gas tank, exhaust and inspection plate to start the donut replacement. Zach is drilling out rivets to remove trim on running board to straighten the bent board on the left side that was damaged.

Removed clutches for inspection for warn parts and damage from blown belt.

I will hopefully get to the exhaust donut replacement, some preliminary fitment on the tunnel extension from Muffin Works and start the M10 install.

Note me pointing to the the bolts on the inspection plate and exhaust to properly remove.

Attachments

• IMG_2537.JPG
    IMG_2537.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_2536.JPG
    IMG_2536.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_2535.JPG
    IMG_2535.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_2533.JPG
    IMG_2533.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_2532.JPG
    IMG_2532.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_2530.JPG
    IMG_2530.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_2529.JPG
    IMG_2529.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_2528.JPG
    IMG_2528.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_2527.JPG
    IMG_2527.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_2526.JPG
    IMG_2526.JPG
    204.7 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_2525.JPG
    IMG_2525.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 471

LOL, its gets that way sometimes.... that why I have Zach.... he gets to put all the tools away!!! As you can see he was slipping...LOL

He does but I will do anything to get his lazy butt off the couch and away from the Computer or Play Station....LOL

It's great to see Zack right in there with you on the build. I learned from my Dad, and have countless memories of projects we've worked on together.

Enjoy the time together!

Thanks guys, it sure make it more fun to share the time with other.... on that note anyone from the site is always welcome to stop over and lend a hand!!

Convert said:
Move a little closer and I'd be over every night : ) helping to drink your beer ;)!
Convert-

I see in your signature you list Nevis, MN..We have a lake place north of Park Rapids about 20 miles..I think we need Mr. Sled to meet us for a weekend of riding next winter on the souped up Apex!

CrankyApeX said:
Convert said:
Move a little closer and I'd be over every night : ) helping to drink your beer ;)!
Convert-

I see in your signature you list Nevis, MN..We have a lake place north of Park Rapids about 20 miles..I think we need Mr. Sled to meet us for a weekend of riding next winter on the souped up Apex!

Last two seasons I've planned a TY ride first part of Feb. Both times mother nature has stood me up :o| Then we get 50 inches in April which lasted about a day each time. Grrrr.
If that old saying the 3rd time is the charm is true maybe it will work out this coming season ;)!
My place is about a mile from Dorset semi retired work 5 days in the cities and get 9 off to spend at the lake : ) Shoot me a PM sometime we can hook up for dinner and a beer up there ;)!

Back