• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

9000 RPM...

MBYammaHauler

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
08 Vector LTX
92 Phazer II with an M-10
Odd right? I'm starting to see it a lot more often now.. it will sit there until speed builds up then it'll settle down to about 8700-8800 RPM at WOT.

I have a fairly new (300 miles) 8DN belt, which I broke in gently. When I installed it I cleaned both clutches with brake clean and shop air. The fly weights and rollers look good, at least visually. The secondary ramps look decent as well. All stock set up.

Any suggestions as to what to look for?

Before I got my new clutch on it would jump to 9,000 rpm's.. I just got back from a ride and it went to 8,500 rpm's........
What a difference it made...MM.

weal springs or sticky secondary?

Clutch sticking a bit perhaps and hanging up, not shifting out fast enough.

No.2 & 6 bushings would do that I bet that's it! MM's New clutch = new bushings too
Thanks guys
image.png

MM, where did you buy your new clutch? I have 11k on mine and it will at least need a rebuild before next season I'm sure. Thinking about just having Ulmer rebuild it unless I can find a new or low mile one.

I had a clutch guru check it out. 14,000 miles. Totally wore out.. Bought bought "ALL" new.. Big grooves in everthing... Spider cracks, the whole nine yards.. It's like new(because it is). MM.

Back