• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A-Arms almost parallel to ground?

Force4000

Extreme
I have a 2013 Apex SE with fox floats. I noticed this last weekend my a-arms are parallel to the ground across. I checked my PSI and they are sitting at 55 on both shocks. I weigh about 200 so this PSI should still be good? It handles fine but am I putting to much load on the shocks?

I have the fox float R's on my 06 and run the air around 95 psi. The a-arms are slightly "up-hill" at that setting.
The long held belief is that many wanted their arms parallel for less inside ski lift. IMO slightly up hill is better for more travel and better shock action/control.
There's no perfect setting,
Only what's preferable for "you" and the type of riding you do.

Ok thanks I guess when I look at most other sleds they are jacked up and none have parallel a-arms to the ground so just wanted to make sure I wasnt messing anything up. Sled handles great so Id prefer not to add Air but I also dont want to bottom the shocks out.

With Floats you can't go by the "Parallel to the Ground" setup like you do with the springs. Floats need to be setup up according to your weight and how soft or stiff you want your front end.

Back