• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aero exhaust with MPI 190 kit

DelgatyXTX

Expert
After a winter on headaches on a brand yellow etec I came back to Yamaha. Found a really good deal on a 15 XTX LE with only 426 miles and the mpi 190 kit dealer installed. Basically saved $10k off of brand new. The sled came with the MPI muffler but has an Aero 4" muffler on it now. Did a Google search and found no such thing so it must be custom but was done by the dealer I'm told. It's loud but not obnoxious and there are no regulations on modified exhaust in my area. Should I be safe with it?

Thanks,
Ryan

Attachments

• 14644605197452101236434.jpg
    14644605197452101236434.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 325

That is the mpi muffler. It's there loud version.
I have the same one.

No problem. Good deal on the sled man.

Put gauges on if it doesn't have any.

O ya for sure. I like the temp gauge too. My apex never had one

You should get an afr gauge. Then you can change the gems if it's too rich. They usually are.

I agree with studroes. I find it too loud for Long day trips, when you pull up to a group and everyone is trying to talk and I'm just sitting there letting the turbo cool off like baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
But on fast night runs I love the pipe.

After a winter on headaches on a brand yellow etec I came back to Yamaha. Found a really good deal on a 15 XTX LE with only 426 miles and the mpi 190 kit dealer installed. Basically saved $10k off of brand new. The sled came with the MPI muffler but has an Aero 4" muffler on it now. Did a Google search and found no such thing so it must be custom but was done by the dealer I'm told. It's loud but not obnoxious and there are no regulations on modified exhaust in my area. Should I be safe with it?

Thanks,
Ryan

Congrats on the new Sled and awesome deal you got. ;)!

Prepare yourself for extra fun in the powder this winter my friend :D. I have the same sled with MPI and I am here to tell you its a blast off trail. Very flickable with the 40inch front, pull the skis up when ever you need, the 2.25 track is awesome in the deep and steep, and its got the best colors out there. lol After 2 seasons on mine I'm still learning its off trail capabilities.

Hmm I could see the turbo cool down period being an issue. Might swap it if I get too many complaints.

My etec kept dying when I'd get it hot, traced it to the egt being tripped by a Dynoport pipe. After that was fixed I went through 2 coils in 3 trips and it'd still miss every now and then. Put it up for sale and I think someone cased my garage because it went missing end of February. Garage door kicked in while I was away for the weekend.

There's zero heat issues. Nothing to worry about. Just don't leave them idle for for a long time. Our last TY ride was in 60+ degree temps (16c) and no turbo sleds overheated.

Last edited:
There's zero heat issues. Nothing to worry about. Just don't leave them idle for for a long time. Our last TY ride was in 60+ degree temps (16c) and no turbo sleds overheated.
The only time I had an over heat was this year once. Wide open for 80 Kms then stopped to gas up. I didn't give it much Time to cool down due to loud muffler and gas line up. The sled wouldn't start it got so hot.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Right now I'm looking for a different track though. I've heard a lot of good things about the PC but I do 90% trail riding and belong to a snowmobile club so it just doesn't fit, nor look good to the other members. I'm looking for a Cobra or Ice Cobra 1.6. Might also go for a 1.75 if I find one.

Thanks,
Ryan

You will love the Aero exhaust it is not too loud. It is the MPI race can and it does give you a ton 0f extra HP.

At idle you will not disturb any one and at wide open it is just a better sound than the stock MPI can. Here are a couple of videos to show you how sweet it is.

Viper Can.jpg

Back