• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

all 15 cats are EXPENSIVE

i see what yamaha did there.. their special pricing of 2K for a pre ordered turbo on the mountain sleds literally puts the viper nearly at en exact pricepoint of the comparable 9000 series mountains that cat offers. nice going yamaha with competitive pricing!

Wait wait wait. Was it not a few days ago everyone was whining that Yamaha was overpriced an underpowered? An they were all gonna buy an 1100t instead?

I kinda like the XF 7000 Cross Country. The 1.6 track, extra height of the mountain seat, and adjustable mountain handlebar are nice features. Wish you could get it with Yammie clutches. Not crazy about the colors either. Would look better in the new white and blue or all black Viper colors IMO. Still, $13K is too rich for my blood, so unless dealers are willing give a little I'm not biting.

The more we see the way things are going with YMC and Cat, the more I am starting to buy into the speculation that YMC will become just an engine supplier to Sno-Mo industry. They might still sell sleds, but it's starting to look like someone else will be building their chassis'.

Can someone tell me what the warranty period was on the 2014 snow-checked Vipers? I seem to recall it was 5 years (could be wrong). And this year the warranty is 3 years? Or can it be extended with the insurance policy (YES plan). If not, and the warranty period is actually decreasing, then, allowing for a little reading between the lines, it does sort of suggest what others are saying about Yammie selling off existing product and getting out of building any more chassis'.

Metallicat said:
HartleRacing said:
WAIT A MINUTE... their touring sled is in the new chassis with our engine.. where is ours?!

That will be Yamaha's new model for 2016.

Yep the 2015 Pantera 7000 is the 2016 Yamaha Venture. :)

One thing i find interesting is zr5000 with zuk 4s is 3300 dollars cheaper than 7000 with nytro motor. Trying to dump extra motors? Is that twin other than horrible sound that bad?? That is alot of coin!

Yes they have used the motor for awhile and they got 0 power or excitement out if it that's where the turbo version came from. They bought all their Suzuki motors in bulk so have to use them up or eat them. And all the 2s motors are made by cat at this point.

Back