• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Alternatives to $100 Parking brake removal kit

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
Hi guys,

Added some rise to my RX and the parking brake will not fit and I just want to ditch it. I like the spring loaded parking brake kit form pioneer perf but can't stand to part with the $100 for it. Anybody use something else similar. Searching I found a 1/4" bolt wedged in behind the brake lever and velcro zip ties actually holding the lever. Anything else? Maybe a retrofit from a sled that has this from the factory?

Here's a thought, just get a strip of velcro, have it wraped around you bar when not in use, but when you want parkinf brake, take it off, pull in your brake, wrap the velcro around your bar and brake lever, and it would keep the lever in, $2.00 park brake. Might not work though, just a cheap idea

Powder Pounder said:
Here's a thought, just get a strip of velcro, have it wraped around you bar when not in use, but when you want parkinf brake, take it off, pull in your brake, wrap the velcro around your bar and brake lever, and it would keep the lever in, $2.00 park brake. Might not work though, just a cheap idea

That is what I do; but, he already rejected that in the original post.

I look forward to other ideas as well.

Back