• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Am I correct that the chaincase does not have to come apart to remove the jackshaft ?

NH_Nytro

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro
2007 Rs Vector
I am going to change out my pto side jackshaft bearing and it led me to this video of a team clutch change and removing the shaft, is it realltjust this simple? Nothing comes out of place when removing the shaft on the chaincase side ?

Last edited by a moderator:

I never tried that either.. one thing to remember there is a small o-ring that goes over the shaft under that locking collar.. I would guess that fell inside the chain-case if they didn't removed it before pushing the shaft thru. See the exploded view on any fiche and you will see what I am saying.

I have had the chaincase apart and I know the o ring you are talking about.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Why dont you just take the chaincase off, that way you can replace all the bearings and inspect and clean the chaincase?

Call me anal, but I change all the bearings quite often on my sleds. Every couple years, even every year sometimes now that i run more power than stock. Last 2 seasons I had buddies ruin trips with broken driveshafts because they didnt change all the bearings when they did track swaps.

Very easy job on the nytros to take the chaincase off, just the outer cover.

Back