• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

And some of us think we have a lot of miles....

nbsledder

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Was bored today so got snooping around on Kijiji and went to the province of quebec,typed in Yamaha snowmobiles only and selected the mileage starting at 32,400 kilometers(20,000 miles) and ended at 70,000 kilometrs(43,400 miles) and they were 23 sleds! The highest was a vector at 37,572 miles,there was a few two-strokes in the mix.

those two strokes in the mix must have been a fluke when they were made for them to last that long. The most amount of miles i have seen on a two stroke that never had a rebuild was a 2000 Yamaha srx and that was at about 11,000 miles. Neighbor said he was going to rebuild it just so it didn't blow when he was out on a trip.

those two strokes in the mix must have been a fluke when they were made for them to last that long. The most amount of miles i have seen on a two stroke that never had a rebuild was a 2000 Yamaha srx and that was at about 11,000 miles. Neighbor said he was going to rebuild it just so it didn't blow when he was out on a trip.
Really, i have seen lots of red headed 700's in my area go over 25000 kilometers (15,500) miles without problems,mine went 22000 kilometers before the pto bearing went.

What a cool way to get that information. There is a Bravo down the lake that had 23000 kms on it a year ago. I know it is still put to work regularily and it is all original. That is the difference between using and abusing I guess.

You guys are not gonna be leave me but my buddy had an F7 with 23000miles on it, we did pistons at 16000Miles and shocks rebuilt 4 or 5 times. When sold it the whole chassis was spider cracked everywhere but it was ridden hard. He always started it then got suited up for a good warm up.

Ya my old sx viper, the rod bearing went at over 23000 kms, Stock untouched engine, had triple pipes revving to 9k rpm for most of its life.

I have several buddies over 25000 kms with srx. The non power valve redheads last even longer.

I think a lot has to do with proper storage ! My 03 Viper was like new when I sold it with 17000km on it. Sorry I sold really for what I got.

You guys are not gonna be leave me but my buddy had an F7 with 23000miles on it, we did pistons at 16000Miles and shocks rebuilt 4 or 5 times. When sold it the whole chassis was spider cracked everywhere but it was ridden hard. He always started it then got suited up for a good warm up.
I used to do that when I had my 2002 polaris edge 600 and I manage 8500 miles before I sold it. I always gave it a good 5-10 mins to warm up before I got on it and let it rip.

Was bored today so got snooping around on Kijiji and went to the province of quebec,typed in Yamaha snowmobiles only and selected the mileage starting at 32,400 kilometers(20,000 miles) and ended at 70,000 kilometrs(43,400 miles) and they were 23 sleds! The highest was a vector at 37,572 miles,there was a few two-strokes in the mix.

Quebec is famous for its long mileage trails. Also for high mileage rental sleds. I have 18,000 miles on my Warrior!

I had 13,588 miles on my '99 SX 600 when I sold it three years ago. The guy that bought it is still riding it with no issues. When I sold it, it still had 118 psi compression or better in each cylinder. I used Klotz oil the whole time except for initial break-in.

Nick Keller parked his 2010 Vector after putting 99,956 miles on it. The original motor made it to 80,113 miles before the timing chain jumped the gear taking out the valves. Had they maintained the timing chain the summer before Nick said he is confident it would have made 100,000 miles.

I gave my Vmax 600 deluxe triple away to a neighbor kid 4 yrs ago with 18,656 on the original engine with nothing ever done to it but replacement skis. still had over 118 lbs of compression all 3 cylinders the track was getting a little ratty and my wife at the time had slammed it into an oak tree and I rode it home at 2 am 20 miles or so with NO EXHAUST whatsoever. 2 trailing arms, 4 radius rods a hood and the front tub reinforcement parts cost me about $80 at Haydays. Try that on an Apex or a viper!

The neighbor has since moved but the last time I saw that sled it was well over 20,000 miles and he had a new track on it.

Back