• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anti Ratchet Driver install

nytrozula

Expert
when installng anti ratchet drivers, do all 4 drivers need to be removed from the shaft or just the outside drivers? Its a 2008 Nytro

Hi Tim, I think I left 2 of the internals drives in also, will have to check for sure. I would want as many drives as possible, and then run the track a little looser. I'll get back to you later today, after I double check my sled. Been to many years since I changed it (the mind is not working as well as it used to)

Hey Tim, man am I getting old and forgetting. We got busy in the fields over the weekend and I forgot to check my sled for you. Got rain today so I should have time tomorrow to check. I really feel bad about doing this. Hadn't been on TY for a couple of days and when I turned it on, I saw my note from you. Take Care, Dan

I checked all my sleds today and here is what I found. On the Nytro, I was wrong all I have is the 9 tooth Avids anti-ratchets, they pull on 2 sets of lugs+ the extervert. It would be possible to leave the single lug drivers in on the center lugs and if I was doing it again, I think I would do that.I would think the more you have pulling the better and you can run your track looser. I was thinking that I had left the other set in.? On my paddle track I am running a 7 tooth extervert and 2 sets of lugs on each side. So same amount of pull. All that being said, I have never had my track ratchet yet with the set-up I have. And I have run up to 12# of boost at times. Most of the time, I am running in the 8-10# range.
On my 2011 Apex XTX's it is basically the same thing from the factory, anti-ratchets and 2 lugs on each side. On my 2008 Apex that I sterched last year I have 2 sets of drivers in on each side. A double and a single internal drive, so I have 6 lugs pulling on it.
So I guess it is really up to what ever you want to do. Hope this helps? It has helped to show me that I am getting to "OLD" and forget what I have done to some of my sleds!!:dunno:

Back