• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anti stab kit???

sleddingfarmer

TY 4 Stroke God
So we put 8 tooth extrovert wahl drivers on my brothers 06 nytro and a dealer told us the rails will hit the drivers now. They said we need to cut the front of the rails and install a anti-stab kit??
Does anybody know if the rails will hit the drivers or if we need to cut the tips off the rail and install a anti-stab kit?
I have never heard of an anti-stab kit and really didn't know this was a problem. I'd appriciate any help

An anti stab kit is a little set of wheels that bolts across the two rails at the cut tips. The wheels prevent the track from getting "stabbed" by the new shorter rail tips since cutting off the tips reduced the curve of the rails. Some sleds need it, others don't. I put 9-tooth 2.86 pitch extros on my 09 XTX and only had to trim the rails, have never had another problem- BUT the front of the rails on my XTX have a VERY steep curve to them, so after trimming, there was no way my track was going to fold and get stuck by the rails. I am not familiar with your suspension, so I can't tell you for sure. Here is a link to Whal Bros website with a picture of what they are and where they mount-

http://www.wahlracing.com/product.php?productid=19741&cat=0&page=1

Hope this helps-[/url]

Back