• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any advice for grass drag setup

valleynytro

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro XTX
I have a 2010 XTX, stock except studded. I am thinking about grass dragging it and I would like to stay in the stock studded class. I was wondering if anyone had any advise about suspension or clutch setup that might help. Any input is appreciated.

Run track as loose as you can before it ratchets. Run engine ice or water wetter for coolant. Adjusting rear skid rear important. Need proper weight transfer and ski lift. Adjust rear suspension blocks on torsion springs as soft as they will go prob? Loosen front shock spring tension in rear skid for rider weight, race sag, weight transfer and traction. Take limiter straps as loose as possible and may want to mod strap accordingly to findings if need be. Find a couple drip bottles for lube drip for hyfax if u can get by with that or some kind of spray system if real serious. Take seat, hood and anything else off you can to shave weight that is not needed. Think about roll resistance, wind drag, weight transfer and traction. As far as clutching and treating it all depends on the length of the drag strip. Prob stiffer spring and lighter weights? I welcome anyone to correct anything said or add if I missed something. Hope this helps

Back