• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone know where this spring belongs

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Viper RTX SE
As some of you know i just bought this sled. i was checking the chain case lube in the sight window and i found this spring sitting under chain case. anyone know where it belongs. like i say i kinda new to the viper

Attachments

• IMG_20150326_200939.jpg
    IMG_20150326_200939.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 88

There is a spring that looks like that and it attaches to the back side of the muffler and down to a hole in the frame that holds the muffler in place. Pain to install but not if you have a spring puller, a tool that is like a screwdriver with a thin shaft that is hooked at the end like a J. Hook the bottom of the spring into the frame hole first and then pull up the top to the muffler!

I like to put rubber hose over spring and cut a V in the top of the hose this will help keep spring standing straight up and use a spring hook or notched screw driver to grab the spring and pull up to the muffler mount location. Just helps keep the spring from falling down.

There was two of them holding the back of my muffler hooked together

There is a spring that looks like that and it attaches to the back side of the muffler and down to a hole in the frame that holds the muffler in place. Pain to install but not if you have a spring puller, a tool that is like a screwdriver with a thin shaft that is hooked at the end like a J. Hook the bottom of the spring into the frame hole first and then pull up the top to the muffler!

You thinking #12 in this picture

Attachments

• viper.png
    viper.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 104
Yes it is not sure why I had two
you got two because the sled in front of you didn't get any....LOL
I can't read the numbers or make out the detail in the sketch!

This is bigger . looking at paper work dealer had muffler off 450 miles ago to change chain case oil. does the chain case take 8oz ? paper work says he put in 8oz .The level is just below sight window and i trying to firgure out if there is a small leak

Actually maybe my mbrp can had two because it was smaller not my stock one. My memory is bad at 40 lol

you got two because the sled in front of you didn't get any....LOL

This is bigger . looking at paper work dealer had muffler off 450 miles ago to change chain case oil. does the chain case take 8oz ? paper work says he put in 8oz .The level is just below sight window and i trying to firgure out if there is a small leak
I believe it takes 12 ounces of chain lube. But I will check the manual!

I believe it takes 12 ounces of chain lube. But I will check the manual!

Step 19 page 85 of the 2014 Service Manual states use 12 ounces of Yamaha Chain Case Lubricant. In the Operators Manual page 18 right side center a caution statement describes the fluid as a Synthetic chain lube. It also states that the use of any other type of lubricant could cause failure.

Last edited:
Step 19 page 85 of the 2014 Service Manual states use 12 ounces of Yamaha Chain Case Lubricant. In the Operators Manual the fluid is described as a Synthetic chain lube.

thanks for looking it up.

well that explains it being low if they did what they said in paper work.

It states they put in part number ACC-CHNCS-LU-BE 8 oz when I looked up that part number its a synthetic chain case lube. hmmm wonder if i should just add some only 450 miles since they did it. or change it again.

i put some paper towels under it tonight to see if there is a small leak. wish i new if they goofed up the paper work or the job.

Last edited:

Back