• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone regret adding the 1.75 backcountry track for trail riding?

pay2play

Expert
I've heard so many good things about the BC track on the XTX. I've wanted one since I was stuck in deep powder the first time, lol. I just wonder if the 1.5 crossover is a better blended option for trail and off trail riding. I just finished putting on 135 excell x wheels and DuPont hyfax. I'd also add an ice scratcher if I put on a BC track. As the topic said, any BC riders regret adding it for the type of riding you do or any crossover 1.5 riders wish they had a BC 1.75 lugged track?

I've logged about 3,000 miles on my back country track with 75% of my riding being trail miles. I love it and wouldn't trade it for a shorter lug track. My only suggestion is the excell wheels and/or DuPont sliders if you do a lot of trail riding, I just installed both last year. Might give up a bit of top end on the trail but the extra traction is totally worth it to me off trail or in the ditch.

See the below mods on my Xtx and I saw 155 on gps last season.

I love my backcountry track. Dropped a tooth and added ice scrTchers for spring riding. Feels like you have extra 20 hp.

I've logged about 3,000 miles on my back country track with 75% of my riding being trail miles. I love it and wouldn't trade it for a shorter lug track. My only suggestion is the excell wheels and/or DuPont sliders if you do a lot of trail riding, I just installed both last year. Might give up a bit of top end on the trail but the extra traction is totally worth it to me off trail or in the ditch.

I just did the excell wheels and DuPont hyfax. We will see if I find a good deal on a track at the novi snow show. Really want to get it done, just depends on the cost... I've always heard these positive posts on the BC, just haven't heard as much on the crossover. Your on trail vs off trail riding is probably about like mine too, however, I'd like the track so I would be more confident playing in the deep powder. Stuck stinks!

See the below mods on my Xtx and I saw 155 on gps last season.

I love my backcountry track. Dropped a tooth and added ice scrTchers for spring riding. Feels like you have extra 20 hp.
Um.... 155 km/h? Cause I doubt it did 155 mph with that heavy track on it....

How many people think that adding monster energy stickers to their sleds actually makes it faster? I rest my case on this.

What is your point? You calling newfie09xtx a liar? I know him personally and if he told me he saw 175 with that track I'd believe him because he's a straight up guy!

Back