• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone regret adding the 1.75 backcountry track for trail riding?

anyone try the camoplast 1.6 cobra or ice cobra? i know im blowing a ton of power with the shitty ripsaw w/ 5k miles. radianguy is the backcountry just shorter than 1.75 or is the crossover taller than 1.5? I do about 10% off trail riding with my xtx now so just need something better than the ripsaw off trail but not so much i gotta drop 120 on slides.
i made my own wheel kit using kimpex wheels and used the cheapo 8$ slides last year. they are about40% gone at the worst point between the tension and middle wheels. Thats w/ 1200 miles and the last weekend had shitty snow conditions. got another mount to add 2 more wheels on the inside middle there. Anyways just dont want something so much lug that the cheap slides wont last w/o the wheel kit.

I can believe that. I had 110 mph on the speedo with mine. Not sure on GPS speed though...

Love my bc... no regrets.

anyone try the camoplast 1.6 cobra or ice cobra? i know im blowing a ton of power with the shitty ripsaw w/ 5k miles. radianguy is the backcountry just shorter than 1.75 or is the crossover taller than 1.5? I do about 10% off trail riding with my xtx now so just need something better than the ripsaw off trail but not so much i gotta drop 120 on slides.
i made my own wheel kit using kimpex wheels and used the cheapo 8$ slides last year. they are about40% gone at the worst point between the tension and middle wheels. Thats w/ 1200 miles and the last weekend had shitty snow conditions. got another mount to add 2 more wheels on the inside middle there. Anyways just dont want something so much lug that the cheap slides wont last w/o the wheel kit.
I think the BC is measured from the inside while the crossover is measured from the outside. So the BC is less than 1.75 where the cross over is 1.5. Strange how some of the tracks are measured for lug height.

How many people think that adding monster energy stickers to their sleds actually makes it faster? I rest my case on this.

Look no monster stickers ! If my Gps isn't reset I'll get a picture of it. Do you realize that 155 mph is 248 km/h. I could tell you about the 800 assault and xf 800 I ran before I took the monster energy stickers off!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 347
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 208
The install wasn't too bad. There is a great thread on track change in the FAQ section. I could have done it in a day easy and that was my first track change. I switched to extro drivers, so I needed to go to my buddies shop to use his press which added a day to the install.

I have a 1.75 BC too and I would say it not just better off trail but consider it better on trails that are typically good snow conditions with loose or set up snow. If the trail conditions are mostly frozen hard or iced up, go with the 1.25' with studs. I just slow down a bit if they are frozen hard or iced up with my 1.75 BC track.

He lives in Canada, I'm sure he is talking Metric, KPH not MPH

I've heard so many good things about the BC track on the XTX. I've wanted one since I was stuck in deep powder the first time, lol. I just wonder if the 1.5 crossover is a better blended option for trail and off trail riding. I just finished putting on 135 excell x wheels and DuPont hyfax. I'd also add an ice scratcher if I put on a BC track. As the topic said, any BC riders regret adding it for the type of riding you do or any crossover 1.5 riders wish they had a BC 1.75 lugged track?
I have a Nytro 1.75 love the traction on and off the trail. Buddy has a Arctic cat XF 800 with 1.25. He loved my track so much he swapped track and gears this summer. We can't wait to see if his AC can keep up with the Nytro this year

Back