• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone use a Tahoe for tow vehicle?

Scooter02

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Viper LTX LE
Do any members use a Tahoe to pull a 27ft in line around? My wife would like to get a newer Tahoe to replace the current 2004 Suburban that she drives. Wondering if the shorter wheel base of the Tahoe, compared to the Suburban, would be that noticeable?
Thanks,
Scott

it should be fine as long as it has the 4 high/ 4 low transfer case witch indicates the higher capacity tow rated versions. gf has been looking at them for forever it seems like for when the the pathfinder she has now dies.

I own a 13 Suburban but previously had an 08 Tahoe that I used to tow my dual axle 21ft x 7.5ft trailer (16ft box and 5ft V-nose) and it definitely handled the load of the trailer when fully loaded as it did have the towing package. The only thing I didn't like between the two was the shorter wheel base when dealing with wind. I've had bad luck when it comes trailers and wind so I will admit my opinion will be slightly biased on this. Previously had a 17ft x 7.5ft single axle inline trailer that was empty and got blown off the hitch of my Trailerblazer during high winds (like close 70mph wind) when heading out to a friends house to load up for an upcoming trip so I would get a little gun shy when towing the new longer trailer; couldn't get same size and dealer had this longer one priced lower. I initially upgraded to the Tahoe because I was concerned with using the Trailerblazer to tow it but whenever it would get windy driving up to the the U.P. of MI, I would I always get white-knuckled. The longer wheel base of the Suburban really helped this and now the sways I do feel when it's windy out don't seem to affect the ride as much.

I think its plenty of power and brakes, however look into a trailer sway kit to add to the hitch. I had to finally break down and add it to my 23' enclosed one with my new Ford Raptor, the large sidewall squishy tires made it a white knuckles experience, still can be in high winds but feels way more controlled now.

This wasn't the brand I used but looks identical $60:

Back