• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone use Fox float 2s on XTX rear skid ???

furg69

Expert
Wondering if a fox float shock will work on a Nytro xtx rear skid. Would be nice to get rid of the springs and hardware to free up some weight. Has anyone tried it ? Or will it just not work

Yes,
I installed a 2011 Nytro MTX SE Fox rear suspension onto my XTX rails. Works much better than the stock XTX setup. Was not very difficult, direct bolt in on the center suspension and only had to relocate the rear suspensions back mounting point. There is a post about it here somewhere

I have completed the same swap now and cant wait to ride it. As I found out during install and some pictures from M.schuey you must relocate the rear mounting hole as he did. Either get the JRE kit for $75 or get your own hardware and make your own spacer. I tried using the stock location hole and the front arm of the rear shock assembly hits the pivot shaft of the front assembly. Now that I moved it to the new hole it works as it should.

Back