• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

APEX starts but won't run, No Codes

alaskan77

Veteran
07' Apex MTX, parked it in the trailer, now it won't stay running. Will only start with a battery charger on the jump setting and the throttle half open.
Fuel pump cycle does not sound right. It only clicks when I cycle the key. Once hooked up to the jump setting, the pump cycles, it turns over fine and will fire up with difficulty with the throttle opened but will die the minute I release the key.
No codes either...
Ideas?

07' Apex MTX, parked it in the trailer, now it won't stay running. Will only start with a battery charger on the jump setting and the throttle half open.
Fuel pump cycle does not sound right. It only clicks when I cycle the key. Once hooked up to the jump setting, the pump cycles, it turns over fine and will fire up with difficulty with the throttle opened but will die the minute I release the key.
No codes either...
Ideas?
When you turn the key on are you getting a display? What is your voltage at the battery jumper leads? These sleds have some known electrical issues but we need to know how it’s reacting

Yes, full display showing and no codes. I can get it to run with jump pack, but when I let go of the key it dies.
The battery is on the charger now. I'm hoping its just low voltage, but the key thing has got me.

Yes, full display showing and no codes. I can get it to run with jump pack, but when I let go of the key it dies.
The battery is on the charger now. I'm hoping its just low voltage, but the key thing has got me.
They do some strange things if the battery is bad,as your doing try charging first& if it wont take a charge replace battery & see if problem goes away,depending on battery age& if it went dead& froze will determine if it will recharge or not

I agree with Brotherdan, get that bad battery unhooked.

Back