• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Automobile bussiness is full of Partnerships

Another example is Toyota/Subaru formally GM/ Subaru. Also, Ford/Mazda and not long ago, Chrysler and Mitsubishi.

And the GOOD examples?

Unfortunately the branding cooperations are very seldom so lucky...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yamaha dealers are dieing because you can't make any money on changing oil and hyfax now with this cat deal they are a little more busy plus selling units , but yes this partnership thing goes on a lot now ......

Yep but what does it matter! They do it in the Auto industry only reminds of an old saying told to kids. If Tommy jumps off the bridge does that mean you have to as well! The Cat Yamaha arrangement works out well for both sides. Cat gets Yamaha motors to replace Sadsuk's and Yamaha gets to sell Cats with Yamaha motors. Maybe Yamaha comes away from the deal with better suspensions as a plus. I mean that was the first thought before the first sled built. Cat gets Yami motor Yami gets Cat suspension. What actually happened was a bit different. What we got was a hermaphrodite with growing pains.

People get upset all the time about many things. The Yamaha Cat arrangement has some of the Yami faithful upset, mostly cause Yami is now selling Cats. Spin it however you like its a Catamaha not a Yamacat. People are not upset because company's make deals its more to do with reputations lost and gained. The starter thread is a good example! One could perceive such failures as Yamaha's engines are junk! The Doo and Poo camps are chuckling about Yamahas engines!

Huge amount of Yami guys came from Cat and hated the furry things so its hard to blame them. What they see is almost sacrilegious, Cats parked in a Yamaha showroom. If you want the Yamaha guys happy Yamaha needs a New Chassis with a better suspension. I think as has been said Yamaha comes out with a new skid just before a new sled. I have been told this by someone in the Yama camp who has seen it many times.

I spend thousands on miles on Cats and I liked them but the two stroke motor drove me away. Now I ride an overbuilt sled that takes a over built fat man pounding its frame and laughs at it. I know Cat has and does build things like most nowadays, just strong enough (so its light) with no extra built in. Something I don't ever want Yamaha to do or be.

Of course I guess that makes me one of those upset people cause company's form deals and partnerships. It happens all over the auto world so I shouldn't be that way doesn't make me feel all fuzzy and warm about it. It just makes me want a true Yamaha even more.