• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

AZ local wanting Snowmobile culture!

SchelT

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Nytro XTX 1.75
Ok I get it. AZ weather is very nice. But is it weird that I want to be part of the sledders cult? Riding with a group from bar/ lodge to lodge? Blasting through fresh powder ...looking back at the tracks you left behind? Diving into a fresh snow drift? Throttling heavy down newly groomed trails?Heavy sigh...☺️

Ok I get it. AZ weather is very nice. But is it weird that I want to be part of the sledders cult? Riding with a group from bar/ lodge to lodge? Blasting through fresh powder ...looking back at the tracks you left behind? Diving into a fresh snow drift? Throttling heavy down newly groomed trails?Heavy sigh...☺️

Not at all... its a sickness :)

Last time I was in AZ , I saw 4 sleds on a trailer thinking to myself where do those guys ride. I am assuming Flagstaff but this was in the middle os summer and it was 110 degrees. So where do you guys ride in AZ.

Last time I was in AZ , I saw 4 sleds on a trailer thinking to myself where do those guys ride. I am assuming Flagstaff but this was in the middle os summer and it was 110 degrees. So where do you guys ride in AZ.
Flag sometimes gets enough to ride around Mormon lake. Otherwise trailer north to UT, ID, WY, or MT

Thanks for the reply, now that I know where you guys ride I might have to buy a sled leave it in AZ at my sisters place and ride there too.

I used to live in Waukesha county, WI and never got the chance to experience riding sleds up there. I've been in AZ 18 years now and just recently (3 years ) shown major interest in the sport by traveling to West Yellowstone in Febuary and ride the groomed trails. I purchased my '14 Nytro XTX 1.75 and daydream of retiring in an area where I can ride powder or trail ride with a group from bar to bar. ☺️

I WOULD SAY BUY 80 ACRES OUTSIDE OF FLAG STAFF IN THE HILLS AND SOME SNOW MAKING MACHINE.
ALL WE DO IN THE MIDWEST IS PRAY ALL YEAR FOR SNOW THEN WATCH IT MELT OVER AND OVER.
NOT LIKE THE GOOD OLD CONSISTENT WINTERS OF THE 70'S-EARLY 80'S AND PRIOR.

Back