• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Backpack & Gps

GrizzlyNytro

Veteran
1- So I'm think of changing to the Klim Krew Pak, does anybody here use one? If so can you list the pros and cons?

2- GPS, what are you opinion on the best and the best way to mount to Nytro? I am in Canada so Can I buy any GPS and get the Ontario trail maps?

You guys have been awesome In advice before... I appreciate any input in advance...

#2- I use a garmin hand held with maps from red pine mapping. A
Have it on a ram mount on the fuel tank side of my riser on my apex.

Last edited:
I can't comment on the backpack but I am using a garmin nuvi 50. I know they are not waterproof but they are large and cheap! I don't ride off trail with the nytro anyway.
I purchased the ram mount and bought a longer bolt for the handlebar block.
garmin nytro (1) (Medium).JPG
garmin nytro (2) (Medium).JPG

I have the Klim KrewPak and using a garmin nuvi 50 with a RAM mount just like Beiter01.
The KrewPak is one of the best out there, pros & Cons.. It's a backpack not an engine or suspension. The nuvi 50 is very good and cheap. Both work great for me.

I can't comment on the backpack but I am using a garmin nuvi 50. I know they are not waterproof but they are large and cheap! I don't ride off trail with the nytro anyway.
I purchased the ram mount and bought a longer bolt for the handlebar block. View attachment 99915 View attachment 99916

Can you get the trail maps on that Nuvi, I actually think I have one of those and I really like how you have it mounted. Good job.

I have the smaller nac pack and like it. Has a nice tool pouch, hydration bag for active/warm days and enough room to carry extra gloves and sweatshirt without being too big. The Nuvi GPS in a waterproof box is a great option. IMO, trail maps for all GPS units are best from red pine mapping; I have a garmin and lowrance maps, both work very well.

I ordered the SD card from VV Mapping and it slides right in the slot of the nuvi. They sent instructions for the proper map settings on the garmin as well as an SD adapter for you computer.

I have not tried the Klim backpack, but it's Klim so it should be good. I can recommend you to look at the Osprey packs. I love them and have like seven of them. Take a look at Osprey Kode.

Back