• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Rear Heat Exchangers Coolers

On my first ride this year my trail riding temp went 180 last year to 163 on 30 deg day with good snow conditions
cooler is a quality piece that ended one of my problems

We have had great results with the 121 and 136 style coolers that we build in house, however when looking at numbers they are just not cost effective for us to continue building. We could up the price, but with the sleds that require them starting to age we feel the demand just won't be there. Still wanting to offer a rear cooler solution we have been working on a new design that utilizes the abundance of running board coolers we have on hand. The new design will also work on both a 121 and 136 sleds. By recycling used heat exchangers and designing one cooler for both models we will be able to offer a very affordable rear heat exchanger. Below is a photo of our prototype fit up on a 136 sled. It fits underneath the stock tunnel protectors, so like our current 136 cooler there will be no need to craft up your own tunnel protectors.

IMG_5312.JPG

Travis there isn't a 2002 Viper out there that does not need rear heat exchanger plus 2005 -6 Vector made big difference in my 2006 Vector

We have had great results with the 121 and 136 style coolers that we build in house, however when looking at numbers they are just not cost effective for us to continue building. We could up the price, but with the sleds that require them starting to age we feel the demand just won't be there. Still wanting to offer a rear cooler solution we have been working on a new design that utilizes the abundance of running board coolers we have on hand. The new design will also work on both a 121 and 136 sleds. By recycling used heat exchangers and designing one cooler for both models we will be able to offer a very affordable rear heat exchanger. Below is a photo of our prototype fit up on a 136 sled. It fits underneath the stock tunnel protectors, so like our current 136 cooler there will be no need to craft up your own tunnel protectors.

View attachment 118316

Thats a fricken awesome idea!!

Really nice job in making those! Sounds like you put some thought into them.
They are a real £€#< to put in a 136" especially when adding protectors. So good ideas on 2 counts! Leaving the 90 off from one side and adding protectors!! Wish you would have thought of that a couple of years ago. Ha Ha

Still wanting to offer a rear cooler solution we have been working on a new design that utilizes the abundance of running board coolers we have on hand. The new design will also work on both a 121 and 136 sleds. By recycling used heat exchangers and designing one cooler for both models we will be able to offer a very affordable rear heat exchanger. Below is a photo of our prototype fit up on a 136 sled. It fits underneath the stock tunnel protectors, so like our current 136 cooler there will be no need to craft up your own tunnel protectors.
I may be interested in one of these for my Warrior.

I think I pretty much got design finalized on these new coolers. My original prototype required that the rear tunnel protectors rivets be removed on the 136" sleds in order to get cooler in place. To remove them rivets required removing the muffler. Wanting an easier install I mocked up several different designs and finally came up with a solution.

The final design fits both a 121 and 136 sleds and slips into place right under the tunnel protectors. The installation is a breeze! There will be 4 rivets to secure it to the tunnel.

I can't put a bleeder in the factory location. I could install one in elbow. I a block of wood is placed under the left skis then that elbow would become the highest point in rear and would allow air to bleed. I however had a nytro in a few weeks ago with an aftermarket tunnel and cooler on it. There was no bleeder on it and I had no problems when I refilled the coolant system and am wandering if its really needed. I will likely install one just to be covered.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Back