• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Battery/Skis. Need advice

nytroman21

Country
USA
Snowmobile
08 nytro
New member here looking for some advice fellas. I have an 08 nytro and the battery is shot (original battery). What do you guys suggest for a easy swap new battery? Also, where do I get the best price on it?
Next, I'm currently running C&A skis. They just don't fit my riding style. Thinkin of trying the new tuner skis (anybody interested in a trade?) My skis are white with black loops. Also willing to sell them if anyone is interested. Looking for something with next to no darting and less steering effort. I'm also trying to make the best of it with the least amount of money also. I still have to stock skis if theirs an easy fix using those? Sled is a shorty with a 1.5 camoplast track. What do you guys suggest? Thanks Josh

For the battery I got my last one from Walmart online, the tuner skis I have found make it hard to turn the skis and I'm a big boy. They have all most no darting, do you have the bar relocation done?

For the battery I got my last one from Walmart online, the tuner skis I have found make it hard to turn the skis and I'm a big boy. They have all most no darting, do you have the bar relocation done?
No on the bar relocation. Unless I'm unaware of it. I have lake effect risers with Rsi bars and absolutely love it. Maybe tuners aren't the way to go for. Might have to look into something else.

Aftermarket it may look something like this but the bars will be moved.
9d1a8af188a383c4f4b203c74d1f9503.jpg

Spend the money on the steering relocate before the skis. You can put stud boy deuce bars on the stock skis to eliminate darting. I was able to make my 08 RTX handle fairly well with the stock skis and deuce bars but now run Curves and haven't looked back.

For a battery give a Motobatt a try..Good battery, AGM style..

I had pilot 6.9 skis but got rid of them because they push bad in loose snow but they do steer easy and don't dart. If I were you I would look at the mtx skis.

Spend the money on the steering relocate before the skis. You can put stud boy deuce bars on the stock skis to eliminate darting. I was able to make my 08 RTX handle fairly well with the stock skis and deuce bars but now run Curves and haven't looked back.
Did you flip the rubber stop around as well? I've heard that seems to help a little with stock skis.

Make sure the toes are facing forward.

Back