• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt deflection .

cw xtx 1.75

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Yamaha Nytro xtx 1.75
Rode my sled yesterday . Now when I start it up on the stand in my garage the track starts spinning at idle . It is a 2013 nytro xtx . Do I need to adjust my deflection ?

Track should just barely move on stand when at idle. Means deflection is close to perfect.

Pete

When on the snow at idle it also wants to inch ahead . And will move if I don't hold the brake.

Should'nt move on the ground. Only on stand.

Pete

It does slightly if it is on hard pack or ice . Do you think deflection is the problem?

It should'nt move if your sitting on it on ice or hard pack. Could be belt is to tight (deflection) or clutch issue.

Pete

It doesn't move if I'm on it but if it is sitting idling by itself it will move slow.

Do u think it should move by itself ?

Here you go check your belt height.

Pete Belt1.JPG Belt2.JPG

As my clutch was getting older it did the same thing. Once I had it rebuilt in was back to normal. Perhaps its time the primary had some love. MS

I hope it just needs some shims . My sled only has 750 miles on it .

Did you check your belt height against the info I gave you?

Pete

So ended up taking my sled in . They found a broken primary spring . Seems odd with only 750 miles on my sled . Is this common on nytro ?

Back