• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bergstrom triple points Vs curves?

Which ones should I buy

• Bergstrom Triple point setup.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Curves

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Keep stock tuners and ride it

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

WINDER1987

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Hey guys i have a 13 nytro xtx I'm going to either purchase a new set of skis or buy the triple points that I hear so many good things about

8" Triple Points-center) $210/pair
HS-Q19 w/SS (hard surface-outside) $40/pair
Total - $250
Curves barn of parts $300

I do. Mainly aggressive trail riding

I voted Curves, have them on my 14 XTX and like them for the 200 miles i have had them, had Bergstrom on my 08 RTX. Curves feel more predictable, bite harder, and do better in the softer stuff (havent had too much here yet though). To me the Curves do make the sled want to high side more but that could just be the 144 feeling different or the deeper keels on the curves, as soon as i remembered how to throw my weight and feet around in the corners that went away.
*Edit, i have 6" woodys on my curves and had 8" Bergstrom Triples

in my opinion the tuners need to go. You are better off running triple points on single keel ski. Triple points work really well. Ran them on a sled two years ago and my father in law runs them.

If running groomed packed trails handling can be dialed in with various carbide options. When trails get loose then ski profile becomes bigger player. aftermarket skis are designed to grip snow better. With exception of snowtrackers, runners don't provide much grip in loose snow.

Don't really understand this poll? Don't you still need to buy carbides with the curve skis? Now if you were asking which carbides to run ....

I don't have enough knowledge to vote in the poll, unlike the general populace during political elections so I won't.

However I have read good things about the triple points. I just bought a very low mile 2008 Nytro, (everything stock and no suspension adjustments yet) and it handled just terribly the first time out. I took Scott Bergstroms advice regarding flipping the front rubbers, and shimming 1/4" and this free fix helped immensely in the handling. The skis now sit on the carbides rather than the front of the ski and it dramatically fixed darting and "skittish" feel. My carbides are worn from the initial set up in the front but I am leaning towards Bergstrom's for sure either the triple point or good and ugly.

The point of the poll is asking what would u spend the money on if you were me. The bergstrom carbides for $250 or the curve skis for $300 the skis come with the carbides it's a bolt on and go option.
Thanks for the input guys

Not sure what the triple points are like, I haven't tried them. The curves will probably give you slightly heavier steering, but they get rid of under steer and the sled goes where you want it to. They also eliminate almost all darting as long as you've got toe set properly. They are decent off trail and in loose sloppy on trail conditions as well. In other words, they do everything well. A set of "special" carbides won't give you the same results across all of those conditions.

So I guess curves it is! What are you guys using for carbides ik you get a set of you go with barn if parts but im not sure what they are or if they are any good

So I guess curves it is! What are you guys using for carbides ik you get a set of you go with barn if parts but im not sure what they are or if they are any good

The 4" runners that come with my ski kits are from curve. Not sure who makes them for curve.

I believe they used to have custom carbides made for Nytro applications, but last time I ordered carbides from them, if I remember correctly, they were Snow Studs.

I was running the 6" round bars (snow studs) on mine the last few seasons. I started with 4" round bars but the skis pushed a little in really tight corners so I bumped up to the 6" and was good to go. My front end geometry was all messed up though, so I'm not sure that my set up is a good reference. This year I'm trying the mountaintech arms and I'm going back to 4" round bars, we'll see how that goes. I have read that some people are using shaper bars on these skis but seems like it might make steering really heavy.

This morning I talked to Scott Bergstrom for advice on my 2008 Nytro with the flopped blocks. He asked my weight, 195# and suggested 8" Good & Ugly carbides since I rider under a 1,000 miles a year. Ski savers and shims will be included. Great guy to deal with did not try and upsell me on the triple points since I am not an aggressive rider.

Back