• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best block off plate, What's your opinion?

pay2play

Expert
I think I'm going to remove my tunnel protectors for ice build up reasons. I plan to put on the 1.75 back country track (someday) anyhow and they'd need to come off. I see the block off plates by OFT and Schmidt bros. How do you like them?

I just checked out both the OFT and Schmidt bros plates. The OFT looks better in my opinion. With the pictures displayed of the actual install, the OFT looks like it blocks more. Downside is that the OFT is 40 bucks more.

I just checked out both the OFT and Schmidt bros plates. The OFT looks better in my opinion. With the pictures displayed of the actual install, the OFT looks like it blocks more. Downside is that the OFT is 40 bucks more.

My thoughts exactly, just wasn't sure if it mattered. Hope to get some real world reports.

if your using a stock muffler I have a Schmidt bros plate I will sell you its used but in excellent shape I installed turbo and I cant use this anymore

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Just made my own custom block off plate. $12 sheet of aluminum. Was at Hay Days this weekend, always gets me into shred sled mode. Decided to tear it down for some routine maintanence and a few upgrades. Couple hrs and a few beers later block off plate done.

I have oft nice piece but had some interference with stock exhaust and had to cut the opening slightly.

I have oft nice piece but had some interference with stock exhaust and had to cut the opening slightly.
Could You email pictures of where the clearance was needed to Rick@OFTRacing.com I have had no reports of issues so I'd like to see what was going on.

Thank You,
Rick Coffman

Rick, I'll be ordering your plate. Looks very nice. Hoping to avoid a block of ice under the tunnel. Took off the stud protectors too. That should help a lot by itself.

Could You email pictures of where the clearance was needed to Rick@OFTRacing.com I have had no reports of issues so I'd like to see what was going on.

Thank You,
Rick Coffman
It was on the u shaped cutout where the exhaust cones through. The pipe was touching. When I take the sled out of storage I will try to remember to take a photo.

Rick, I'll be ordering your plate. Looks very nice. Hoping to avoid a block of ice under the tunnel. Took off the stud protectors too. That should help a lot by itself.

Thank you for your order! They are in stock and should ship Monday.

It was on the u shaped cutout where the exhaust cones through. The pipe was touching. When I take the sled out of storage I will try to remember to take a photo.

Thank you, feel free to post it up here. If its a problem others are having hopefully they will chime up and its really easy for us to adjust the cutout if needed.

I fabbed my own with a sheet of aluminum.
IMAG0115.jpg
IMAG0117.jpg

Back