• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Carbides

sledder91

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
14 viper xtx
Whelp just got my c&a bx skis in today and realized that the stock carbides won't fit in the new c&a skis. What's the carbides everyone is using that will fit this ski? THANKs!

I find the shaper bars don't take the abuse. Mine were always bent and crushed at the end of the season. I use the round 6 inch they take the abuse much better and as far as handling I really never felt the difference.
20160427_075954_resized.jpg

I find the shaper bars don't take the abuse. Mine were always bent and crushed at the end of the season. I use the round 6 inch they take the abuse much better and as far as handling I really never felt the difference. View attachment 118359

I have found the exact opposite. Never had an issue with the shaper bars. They hold up real well for me.
Its funny/weird how people can have such different results.
Just curious. What skis do you have those carbides bolted to?
The square bar has a real funky wear spot just before the carbide. It leads me to believe it possibly hit something and bent then wore like that. Or your ski is bent.

Call scott Bergstrom. His triple points will out wear. Outlast. And out perform anything out there!! And he will give tty members a discount

Call scott Bergstrom. His triple points will out wear. Outlast. And out perform anything out there!! And he will give tty members a discount

I have used his carbides in the past with good results.
Never tried the triple points because i could not get him to answer his phone when i called.
Tried multiple times to reach him but eventually gave up and went the stud boy route.
My experience with him has always been tough. He has been difficult to get a hold of, but once you get him, service is excellent and pricing is fair.
Personally, i like to be able to just go to a website. Click on the product and enter my card info.
Bergstrom really needs to get with the modern world and update his website so you can order online.

This year i will be running snow trackers on my viper and see if they are as good as the hype

Yup. He's hard to get ahold of if you're a last minute guy. He's kinda a one man show. Little shop in Illinois. If you plan ahead and call him like now- off season. He will be much easier to reach and help you really well. And if you don't get ahold of him then leave a message. He will call u back.

For any Ontario people there is a guy in Peterborough that deals Bergstrom Skegs I can dig up his name and number for you. I live near Peterborough and was looking for some Bergtrom Skegs. I called Scott and he put me in touch with the guy. He had what I needed in stock just stopped by and picked them up. Ran them half the season. Night and day difference.

I've also had issues with the Stud Boy shaper bars on Curve skis. I've never made it through a season without having them break so I stopped using them. I do like their deuce bars but they don't make them for the Curves.

I've also had issues with the Stud Boy shaper bars on Curve skis. I've never made it through a season without having them break so I stopped using them. I do like their deuce bars but they don't make them for the Curves.
I bought a pair of Woodys Slim Jim's for my Curve XS skis.....after seeing a post by Mr. Sled that he was running 'em. It was too late in the season to try them thou.

Back