• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best skis for 09 RTX / basic shock set up

margent

Former ski doo guy here , just baught 09 rtx , looking for advice on best ski set up .

Also where's the best start point with this suspension , I am 6' and 250-260 lbs.

any advice will be helpfull.

Thanks

Agree with the Curves, but I haven't tried anything else. I did try stock skis on my phazer before I bought the Nytro, and based on that, I went straight to the curves on the nytro.

THere are a ton of posts on suspension and the opinions vary wildly. Probably easiest to do a search and start there.

Snowtrackers on stock ski's is as good as it gets and cheaper than buying ski's.

Tuners with 6" square boy inside and 6" round bar outside, zero darting and really settles down the front end. Whatever you decide your going to love that sled.

I picked up an '09 RTX last February, with only 347 miles. PO had put brand new tuners with OEM 4" inside + out on it but never ran them. It rails really good.
My first time with floats, had to just ride & adjust as I went. I like them sorta stiff about 110# or so, rear end set the blocks on high and rode it- hardly bottomed out being 6', about 280#.
Fun sled, coming from a Phazer also.

Back