• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bleeding brakes a PITA?

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
Anybody have any tips for bleeding the brake system after removing the bars and installing a longer line? I have never done two bleed screws before except on Brembo brakes and you do the inner one first then the outer one.

Yamaha manual says do both at once, true?

Which ever bleeder is lower than or further away from the brake line. Just bleed until clear fluid is visable and no air bubbles, than switch to the other bleeder. When done check the firmness of the lever. If it's soft or softer no good, do it over.

i just did this last weekend! i only used one screw until i got pressure then checked the other one. make sure you keep your fluid full, its kind of a bitch but you need to keep taking the cover off then putting it back on. i finally walked away for a little bit and the fluid kind of settled on its own. that or i was that close to being done when i walked away. lol....

you only need to open bleeder by caliper.you also dont need to put cap on reservoir until your done.just dont fill res. to top and you wont spill any out.

i would let gravity bleed for acouple minutes since line is new.what that means is crack bleeder and make sure theirs fluid in res. and let it flow by gravity to caliper.otherwise you can always just apply lever alot :)

yep ....it shouldt take much.maybe 15-20 min. from start to finish installing line or 1-3 beers :)

Back