• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bluetooth helmets?

scott32

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
07 Apex RTX se, 09 Nytro XTX
This might be a bit of a stretch to ask this question in the off season, but... Are there any bluetooth helmet users out there? I understand the riding area will determine reception quality, but signal strength thoughout south central Ontario should be decent. The wife hates it when I'm out and won't respond for hours, and I hate stopping checking my phone all the time.

I have a set (an off-brand from Amazon) and it's pretty good. At speed, it can be a challenge with the wind but at moderate speed, it's good. I even hear when a text comes in and can play music. Mine also can communicate with each other.

I use a Sena SMH10 on my motorcycle. Works as an intercom, Bluetooth to my iPhone and directions from my GPS. Works great and the phone is so clear most don't know I'm on my bike. They are quite popular with the two wheeled crowd, but have no idea how well it would work in the cold.

I am using a scala rider snowmobile set up. on the sled it works great and I have had a conversation while sledding down the trail at 50mph with no problems. bought another mount and on my motorcycle, I am wishing for an amp at times but usually only on hard accel as I have a silencer on it. rest of the time it is fine. will also link to your playlist and play it over the link when the fm radio looses signal.

I have mounts on 3 helemets atm and you just need to move the unit over to the helmet you are using that day.

Thanks guys! How well would each work with a BRP Mod2 Helmet or the BV2S style that encases your runny nose and hot garbage breath, lol. I'm likely gonna ditch the old HJC .

Probably not very well, at least for the mic. Might sound like a hyperventilating Darth Vader.

Uclear makes one that has the mic built into the ear speakers ... so no mic on a boom or wire. But then again, the breath box on the BRP helmet might still be an issue.
The Sena has a mic that can be on a boom, or at the end of a wire. The wire version is specifically intended for modular helmets. But again - that BRP breath box.

Thanks again guys! I'll do some more research of my own on these units suggested and go from there. Maybe a built-in bluetooth helmet like the HJC IS-MAX BT.? Then again, I really don't need to be bothered while riding either..lol

Sure, if you have $1400! But yeah, that is way cool.

On the bike helmet I have the boom mike next to my left cheek and no one has complained about not hearing me yet.

Back