• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bought a 2nd Yamaha 3 cylinder

stevewithOCD

Yamaha, Make me Come Back
Country
USA
Snowmobile
900 R
2006 Apex RTX
Traded in my FZ-1 Yamaha 4 cylinder for an FJ-09 motorcycle yesterday. 3 cylinder 847cc. Gonna miss that screaming 4 in both my bike & my sled since Sidewinder is on order. Times they are 'a changin'. Light bike with only 100 hp, but very peppy. Upright riding new technology make this more fun & safer. So far VERY IMPRESSED. Hope my Winder impresses me as much. I might have to get a tuning fork tattoo next...

Both bikes are really nice, but i hope they have a rear fender delete for them.

Ordering fender eliminator & Ivan Exhaust with tune this week. Going to be an expensive year 'cuz Winder extras are next...

Picture of it when fender delete it done would be nice. Can't wait to see how sidewinders are came close to getting one but i think i'll wait a year. Good luck with both of your awesome toys.

Traded in my FZ-1 Yamaha 4 cylinder for an FJ-09 motorcycle yesterday. 3 cylinder 847cc. Gonna miss that screaming 4 in both my bike & my sled since Sidewinder is on order. Times they are 'a changin'. Light bike with only 100 hp, but very peppy. Upright riding new technology make this more fun & safer. So far VERY IMPRESSED. Hope my Winder impresses me as much. I might have to get a tuning fork tattoo next...
Just bought a FJ09 myself....Very impressed myself. Still getting used to it as its my first road bike. Just came back from N.C and did some awesome riding down there. Rode the dragon tail (US 129) and the Charahola skyway through the smoky mountains and on up into lake Fontana.... just beautiful territory for bikes! Saw every kind of bike with plates from all over the country.... and the cars too! Could just sit and hang out around the dragon tail and watch all day, Ya see just about everything !

I bought a Fj-09 last fall and I love it. The riding position is great and like you said the motor is peppy. I ended up getting the forks rebuilt and better rear shock, but now its about perfect for me

Just bought a FJ09 myself....Very impressed myself. Still getting used to it as its my first road bike. Just came back from N.C and did some awesome riding down there. Rode the dragon tail (US 129) and the Charahola skyway through the smoky mountains and on up into lake Fontana.... just beautiful territory for bikes! Saw every kind of bike with plates from all over the country.... and the cars too! Could just sit and hang out around the dragon tail and watch all day, Ya see just about everything !
I heard that road is wicked, but getting dangerous with all the cars swinging wide pushing their expensive cars past their abilities.
I bought a Fj-09 last fall and I love it. The riding position is great and like you said the motor is peppy. I ended up getting the forks rebuilt and better rear shock, but now its about perfect for me
I've noticed IVAN doesn't make a hop up kit or refresh yet.

I heard that road is wicked, but getting dangerous with all the cars swinging wide pushing their expensive cars past their abilities.

I've noticed IVAN doesn't make a hop up kit or refresh yet.
Ya... it is crazy at times. The first time I rode the dragon was last year and it had to be on the weekend and it was a little intense to where it took some of the fun out of it. The cars are the ones that make it scary as there is just no room for error. It is not a race track but some feel it is as they are in no way running the 35 MPH posted limit, Ya really can not go very fast anyway( it is friggin tight) its just going into corners too hot or just riding over your skill set that gets people in trouble for sure. It is fun to ride at your own pace as most do and most everyone else respects that. The other faster bikes are mostly cool as they know there is just about every kind of bike and rider out there and they can pass you pretty safe. I watch for them and give them room and they are friendly with the pass. I will only ride it on weekdays now and spend rest of the time riding the other beautiful routs throughout the area. Last year I even spent time in a 550 hp Camaro well set-up for road coarse and its just too much power and car for that road! You really mostly see the smaller sport car stuff Turbo charged that are having the most fun and handling the road the best. It is something to see!

Back