• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bought new trail tank, should I replace donuts?

Twistgrip

Extreme
Bought a new Trail Tank from Haydays yesterday. I have 2400 miles on my 2013 Nytro XTX with 3 years of warranty left, should I change the donuts even with all the warranty left? The exhaust sounds perfect.

Yes. You are already in there. Co with the copper ones. Also, figure out the right size for the fuel pump bolts and go buy some better ones, the ones that come with it are prone to snapping.

Are the poor bolts a reason people are having leaks? I don't want to ruin a trip because of a leak when I put my trail tank on. Any suggestions out there . I too ordered copper donuts just because.

I changed mine (copper donuts) when I installed my trail tank. Your already in there might as well do them. I had about 2500 miles on the sled the OEM gaskets were slightly worn but not leaking, I like piece of mind so changed them.

Pete

Get them done while your in there. Also think about changing the plugs. The trail tank uses up the clearance at the head of the engine so you can no longer get at them once it is installed.
MS

Get them done while your in there. Also think about changing the plugs. The trail tank uses up the clearance at the head of the engine so you can no longer get at them once it is installed.
MS
Yep think I'm going to, just ordered thing!e copper donuts, steering relocate and the mo fo vent from Oft racing!

Luckily I have had no issues with mine. Look into getting the longer dzas fasteners for the centre cowl, it makes lining things up much easier. Once you get the tank installed on that sled it is a game changer. Last year was amazing with the new range i had and the fuel stress was gone. MS

I bought one at haydays as well, I'm interested to hear more about the bolts for the fuel pump. If they are still a problem with the newer tanks I'll go and buy some stainless bolts. I don't mind having to remove the tank to do work, but definitely want to avoid any leaks.

I bought one at haydays as well, I'm interested to hear more about the bolts for the fuel pump. If they are still a problem with the newer tanks I'll go and buy some stainless bolts. I don't mind having to remove the tank to do work, but definitely want to avoid any leaks.
Yes please more opinions on the bolts. I'm going to get new ones anyways but I'm still curious on your guys experience with the tank. Looks like a nice addition to the sled can't wait.

I put a flat edge on my TT fuel pump opening. It is fine all around the opening but where the nuts are set into the plastic there is a variation to the level at the opening. It is higher. I'm guessing that this is why some can't get a good long lasting seal on the fuel pump without permatex or stronger bolts.

I never had any problems with mine. Possibly one of the best upgrades you can do to a nytro. Just watch topping it off to high when filling with gas because once you put on the cap and the gas warms up a little it pressurizes the tank and pushes gas out the vent line.

Back