• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can a battery booster damage battery?

Silver4

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 RST90D Venture 973 cc carbs
Hello all,
I learned from a previous post I did that charging with the car charger on 2 Amp seems to be OK
In case of (discharged/dead battery) emergency, I have carried with me a small Canadian tire booster/jumper pack.

Question: given that these are small batteries and not comfortable with large amperage going through them, will a booster jump or damage the battery?

Thanks in advance

I have been using on e of these at work for years. Never had a problem.
Like Mr sled said, once discharged they freeze easily, then they are junk.

Anytime a battery is discharged to the point it can't crank the engine, it's already damaged and goes downhill from there. In cars, it's the full on amperage the alternator will put out that will kill it. Sleds don't put out as much and less likely to damage it this way but is already damaged from the discharge.

If you end up with a dead/discharged battery, your battery is already shot. There is almost nothing for parasitic load, so about the only reason it dies is if your battery is shot. And if that happens, yeah use whatever means necessary to get it started!

Back