• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can you identify what he Nytro A-arms these r???

Nasty,
I believe the size difference is big enough that you can probably just eyball it, or maybe you can measure the outside of the tubes for comparison....

The upper a-arms can be identified by the bushing size as stated. If the bushing tube is smaller than the lower a-arm bushing tube then it's a 2008 upper a-arm. The bottom a-arm length can be measured to determine if it's a 2008 or newer arm. The 2008 lower arms are longer than the 09+ arms but I can't remember the exact lengths (I'm not sure if this was true for the narrower stance on the mountain sleds). The 2008 lower a-arms also only had one sway bar link hole and the newer arms had two link mounting locations. It looks like those are off a 2008.

If you switch to the 09+ a-arms you should replace spindles and you'll also need to either replace the tie rods or cut the 08 tie rods shorter.
Duh I should have known that after learning the difference in the oilite bushing kits between 2008-2009. Lol. Thanks bud

I couldn't find the lowers for comparison but here are the uppers off a RTX. They show a noticeable difference in bushing size and length.

upper a-arm: 2010 (top) vs 2008 (bottom)

Last edited:
I couldn't find the lowers for comparison but here are the uppers off a RTX. They show a noticeable difference in bushing size and length.

upper a-arm: 2010 (top) vs 2008 (bottom)
Are those the uppers I assume? If I stick a caliper to mine with bushing in it can someone tell me what I have?

Here is why. Don't want to keep these if old style. With that being said I would hate to damage bushing incase I end up selling them.

Will get oilite bushing if I keep them for sure. Will also powder coat them but don't want to do any of the above if they the old styl and just want to sell them them to put money towards the skinz front end.

All year lower a-arms take the same bushing and starting in 2009 all the upper a-arm bushings are sized the same as the lowers so compare what you have to the lowers. If the upper bushings are smaller than any of the lowers you have a 2008 a-arm.

Approximate bushing ID: 2008 = 15mm, 2009-13 = 18mm

Approximate a-arm tube OD: 2008 = 23mm, 2009-13 = 27mm

Perfect thank you for that. That was what I was looking for. Think I got told they were the updated style but don't think they do and don't want to put a dollar into them if they aren't the newer style. Will check to confirm and report back. Thanks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414366132.371810.jpg

Here is a quick pic of what I got. Now need to find caliper. My guess based on looks it they are the 2008 style? Can you tell by pic? Do I even need to look for caliper? My guess is no.

That's a 2008 upper a-arm. Does the lower a-arm have one or two holes for the sway bar link?

Lower a-arm: 2008 (bottom) vs 2010 (top)

Last edited:
I got dooped! Lol. Oh well even though he said he took them off a 2009 they are no different then the ones on my sled by sounds of it and same with spindels right. 2008-2009 spindles the same correct? If so I will be selling two complete sets of stock Nytro
A-arms and one set of spindles. Glad I didn't pull bushings or order new oilites for these or powder coat them. Glad I cut that all off before I waste more time and money! Thanks Grizz!

Spindles are different after 2008

2008 on left and a 09+ on right

08 on the bottom

I got a full set with tie rods, uppers, lowers & spindles in great shape all straight from my 2011 MTX if interested. PM me. Just throwing it out there for you. I hate seeing people BS on what they have.

The mtx arms are shorter than the ones on the trail sleds. If you're mostly ride trails stick with the longer arms.

He is correct but I just wanted to put it out there for an option. I also with the MTX there is no sway bar attachmemt.

Back