• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cargo rack ideas for 2000 Venture 600

MichaelAngelo

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2000 Yamaha Venture 600
I've been using my VT600 for ice fishing, but sure would be nice to have a storage rack to mount rods, livescope, auger, shovel etc.

Here is a photo of my current set-up with a rhino grip for the auger in the back, but nowhere to mount my livescope unit.

Anyone put a rack on one of these sleds? Haven't found any simple bolt-on solutions.

edit: also wanted to say thanks to this forum. ya'll walked me through the entire skid rebuild of this sled a few years ago including all the set-backs I encountered. wouldn't be enjoying it without all your help!!

Attachments

• venture.png
    venture.png
    458.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

You are not getting a lot of action here and I'm not much help. Just in case you haven't considered it I prefer pulling a skimmer for a number of reasons not the least being in bad overflow. My sled is lighter and I leave the skimmer behind. When out I tie on to the skimmer with a rope.

You are not getting a lot of action here and I'm not much help. Just in case you haven't considered it I prefer pulling a skimmer for a number of reasons not the least being in bad overflow. My sled is lighter and I leave the skimmer behind. When out I tie on to the skimmer with a rope.

Thanks for the reply - by skimmer you mean a jet sled?

Obviously our country is too big ... I had to google jet sled to confirm that it is one and the same with skimmer.

I couldn't get my gear on my sled. And I don't have to unpack fishing stuff to use the sled for something else. If you encounter overflow often I have a tip for you ... an ice screw and a rope comealong/puller. In the last 12 years I've put over 30k kms on ice fishing and only needed it once but it was a lifesaver that once.

Back