• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat's looking to sell

"Does this mean that Doo won't hold the "Most Vibration Possible" title anymore if HD takes over AC?"

I don't get it.?

If Harley takes over this is what Cat becomes:
Not much different than what I've seen of Cat stuff already (esp 2S). Have watched many of their products at idle with vibration. Is one of the reasons I notice their fit and finish is different. That plastic can really jump around and make noise!

What would Yamaha want to buy from AC??? Atvs, watercraft, motorcycles,2s engines, outboard engines..... Ahhh.... NOOOOOO!!! When you think of AC as a company there is very little interest from Yamaha as really nothing there for them they don't already manufacture or is provided via the OEM agreement. AC is a very good match for HD lots of products that HD doesn't have & would make sense to broaden the HD market to own AC. I could see Yamaha buying some sled related product rights from AC to produce as a Yamaha products but companies only do that when on the bone pile and want to regorganize after they are dead in the water to pay off debt. Biz wise nothing of great value to Yamaha to even consider buying AC. I just don't see Yamaha talking to AC about a company purchase no value to them. HD yes that would make a lot of sense but other enitities currently trying to buy HD so that mucks up a deal for AC. Meantime Yamaha on standby waiting to pick AC bones if the opportunity presents in a year or 2. To me Yamaha stays on hold until AC fate is known nothing for Yamaha to lose by waiting & maybe ready to move on alone & prepared to do so.

One thing HD has going for it is it has a great dealer network already in place which would help alot. Around Wi dealers have been dropping Cat left and right over the past few yrs.

Yamaha would want the established manufacturing facility and work force
That's about it, and beat to death a good but aging procross chassis.

One thing HD has going for it is it has a great dealer network already in place which would help alot. Around Wi dealers have been dropping Cat left and right over the past few yrs.
same thing here in ny because cat makes the dealers take more than they want ,and sleds they know they can't sell .harley wants the snow bike .yamaha wants the cat suspensions .time will tell .

Yamaha would want the established manufacturing facility and work force
Why would Yamaha want AC manufacturing facility? Aging tooling is over the hill need new chassis >>>MAYBE a few key AC engineers if Yamaha buys mfg rights to AC products but Yamaha can train anyone to build sleds nothing special about AC assembly peeps or building sleds in TRF , MN. Again grasping for straws biz wise for Yamaha to buy AC....just not much value other than picking the bones for something worth the ROI. AC should be very interested in talking to HD with good dealer network and HD could expand into new markets with AC.... that makes sense.

Forget business sense for a minute. Think about PRIDE. I for one would like nothing more than to call my Viper a true Yamaha sled which it is not. Now that I have had a taste of a chassis and motor that works awesome that is the only thing missing. Many must think the same. Also when I think of Yamaha and most of the Japanese culture I think of a proud people. I cannot believe that this alliance has made them very proud. I believe my Viper and probably the Sidewinder are the best sleds ever sold by Yamaha but one thing is missing as much as I hate to admit it. They are not Yamahas. I want to see the Samurai that Yamaha often talks about go for Cat.

LOL! A Harley with a Jap motor! My Harley friends are recoiling at the mention and gagging at the thought. My thoughts are Yamaha is using Cat and Cat using Yamaha. I can't see HD and Yamaha in bed together happening, but hey stranger things have! Harley does not have a engine it can use in the sleds to replace the Yamaha so they must sleep together for it to work or stick with the dirty 8 as it is affectionately called and the 600!

On the other hand Yamaha has a new chassis in the works so what happens to Cat at this point does not hurt them. I again predict 2018 as the year the new Yamaha Chassis hits the snow. Course I've been wrong before but I still have my Apex and tons are for sale all over!

Back