• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

*CDN* Want To Bring USA Yamaha into Canada

Bigb609

OK first hope this is the right place to post this if not move or delete
Just wondering if anyone has brought a YAMAHA sled to Canada from the States and if so what kind of paper work do I need from the owner and is there an import tax
Thankx for any info
Bigb609

crossing border

Wecome to the site it's an awsome place to learn stuff. well first you need a copy of the bill of sale, the title of the sled (somthing like our TOD on our Insurance) and the Insurance of the sled. then you need to fax them to a border crossing of your choice (that you will cross). They want 72 hours to check out the sled before you bring the sled across. There is a import fee of roughly $210.00 . Plus I believe 6% sales tax on the price of the sled. Good luck with your purchase of a yamaha you won't be dissapionted.

its not alot of fun but pretty smooth if you have all the right paper work. 100 % need a title or certificate of origon. 72 hours notice before bringing it across and a very good tempermant cause those border guys can be complete a$$holes

Make sure you get a fax confirmation on the info you faxed them 72 hours prior. That way if your info is not in the computer yet you will have confirmation it was sent and the have to let you export it. This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. It is a very busy time for them because of the high dollar.

Re: crossing border

sxtuner said:
Wecome to the site it's an awsome place to learn stuff. well first you need a copy of the bill of sale, the title of the sled (somthing like our TOD on our Insurance) and the Insurance of the sled. then you need to fax them to a border crossing of your choice (that you will cross). They want 72 hours to check out the sled before you bring the sled across. There is a import fee of roughly $210.00 . Plus I believe 6% sales tax on the price of the sled. Good luck with your purchase of a yamaha you won't be dissapionted.

Besure you sent the certificate of orgin or (title) and bill of sale to the American border that you are exporting first, for the 72 hour check.
Sending it to the Canadian side means nothing to them until you bring the paper work stamped from the American border, and the sled or what ever you are importing.
I have been through this process three times now myself with 2 cars and a motorcycle. It's a little bite of a pain in the #*$&@, but it's all worth it.
I never imported anything brand new, I think there might be something involved wth new veichles. I heard they might have to be considered used to be imported, I mean so many months old or so mant miles on them. But I'm not certain on that.

Back