• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Center Shock Advice

cowwyy12

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Nytro 1000cc 4 Stroke
Getting my machine ready for the winter I noticed the sled wouldn't rebound back up by itself. I took the skid out of the track and found the center shock body was blown/split open. Should I look for something aftermarket? Is aftermarket much more money than factory? Any feedback is appreciated thanks guys

IMAG0084.jpg

The factory shock is $600. Got aftermarket if you can afford it. My local shock guy took a plain shock from a base model Yamaha and machined it to accept the piggy back. Cost me $250.

Call hygear. They have shock bodies and can rebuild them

They rebuild them with a body that is thicker where your's blew out. Once they're thru it will never happen again and it also will be a better than stock shock internally also. I know that custom body isn't cheap though.

Common occurrence on that shock/skid. If you don't heed the advice to upgrade the shock when having it rebuilt and or simply be a new one you'll be going thru it again for sure.
And its a failure that will very likely leave you walkin or ridin bitch, spoil a trip and poss destroy your track and other big ticket parts.

Rebuild that one with a new thicker shock body or buy a different/better shock period.

Back