• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Center Shock Dead?

Jaybaar

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
16 SR Viper LTX DX
03 Yamaha RX1
For the first ride of the season I drove 2 hours north last night to go where there is marginal snow at best. Unloaded My 2016 LTX DX with 96 studs and hit the trails this morning and I kept getting stuck, which has never happened on this machine. Also noticed the read end was completely bottoming out very easily. Finally got off to take a look and only the rearmost 8" of the track was touching the ground. I assume the center shock is either A. Frozen or B. Toast. Am I correct in my assumption?

I'm heading North on Thursday for four days and need to chase down parts ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated, even the possibility of purchasing parts from a member. I'm in NH.

Thank you!

Viper Skid.JPG

need shock. Looks like you got water in it and it froze or stuck.. needs rebuild or get a used one.
Thank you Mr. Sled. It hasn't been outside at all this year, first time, so odd. I'll see if I can get a shock overnighted from somewhere - I'll do the rear at the same time.

Thank you Mr. Sled. It hasn't been outside at all this year, first time, so odd. I'll see if I can get a shock overnighted from somewhere - I'll do the rear at the same time.
I had this happen on a first ride on the wife's sled. If you can have them both rebuilt would be the best but 2 new would do the trick. You must have some miles on the shock?

I had this happen on a first ride on the wife's sled. If you can have them both rebuilt would be the best but 2 new would do the trick. You must have some miles on the shock?
I would prefer that option as well, but time is against me. Yes, the sled has 6300 miles on it.

I have a center shock you may interested in

Center shock QS3r out of my 18 sidewinder, fresh oil and nitrogen done by cannondale.

Back