• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Check out my custom Nytro XTX /Viper Skid install.

Throttle Jockey

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
yamaha
Added a 141 viper/cat skid this summer, kept the 144 length but position skid back just a bit to get a slightly better approach angle. saved over 20# just swapping skids. we'll see how this works.

other mods on sled are
steeper tunnel
race front end
a few other misc things as well.

Attachments

• phonepicsjuly 010.jpg
    phonepicsjuly 010.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 939
  • phonepicsjuly 013.jpg
    phonepicsjuly 013.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,081
  • phonepicsjuly 015.jpg
    phonepicsjuly 015.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 921
  • phonepicsjuly 024.jpg
    phonepicsjuly 024.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 756
Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, I have been messing around with the cat skids for awhile now. Once dialed they are sweet. And this project just kinda happened on accident (bored in the shop and had 2hrs to spare) we'll see how it will compare to xtx le and 153 vipers once the snow flys

Sweet setup! How did you like that front end? As good as the racers say?

front end worked great, excelled in off trail and deep moguls, was messing around with front shocks and valving as well last season. its pretty much dialed in now. but it is now just a spare backup sled.

Very nicely done !!

Where did you purchase the front end and subframe. Would love to upgrade mine with that kit.

Very nicely done !!

Where did you purchase the front end and subframe. Would love to upgrade mine with that kit.

I have some good connections. there are only a few of these kits out there, (typically on the mtn & trail nytro race sleds yamaha had a few years ago and a few scattered here and there from what i know) so pretty hard to come across them.

Did you use the stock front holes to mount up the skid? I'm just getting started on putting a cat skid from a 2014 xf into my xtx. Any problems with track tension?

Yes I used stock front holes. And moved rear brackets back about 1.5". I do have a bit different tunnel on that sled. Angled higher. But overall same layout as a stock tunnel. Track tension is fine, with plenty of adjustment available.

Worked great, not much time in any deep powder, but trail was perfect, and between the front end and rear skid sled is balanced much better the stock. Did add 2 small spacers to front arm since it's just a bit narrower then stock yamaha skid.

Back