• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cleaner for Body Panels ???

Phazernut

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
04 Viper ER.
96 V-Max 4
What is everyone using to clean the black plastic body panels on the sleds. Going to start getting ready for the season and a good cleaning is top on my list. I searched around here and didn't find a lot.

Try "ICE" in liquid form by Turtle Wax this stuff is amazing!!! you can buy it at Canadian Tire $20.00 +/- its good for paint, rubber, plastic, plexi...so you don't have to worry of any white residue or staining white marks I use it on everything that I want to look like new, check this link out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxezHCPUq0I

I use "Sled Brite", seems to work good. They make different products for the application. The only issue seems to be the nozzle, it sems you have to turn it to the closed position whenever your not using it, other wise the product works its way up the sprayer and on the floor. Its happed to me a few times. :o| Works on painted and plastic surfaces.

I have found Castrol Super Clean works great to clean plastic body panels. Only thing I even found that cleans two stroke soot and belt dust off plastic.

Painted surfaces get a wash with soap and water then wax.

apltx08 said:
Try "ICE" in liquid form by Turtle Wax this stuff is amazing!!! you can buy it at Canadian Tire $20.00 +/- its good for paint, rubber, plastic, plexi...so you don't have to worry of any white residue or staining white marks I use it on everything that I want to look like new, check this link out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxezHCPUq0I
This what i use on my GTO and my sleds,it works great

I actually use a tire cleaner. It makes the black look good as new and really cleans up everything, especially the seat.

Trim Shine by stoner available at Canadian Tire, Napa, Parts Source, Walmart. No white residue...It's perfect for yamaha trim panels and black trim under bumpers. I have a small body shop and haven't had any issues with fisheyes in my paint . A really EASY and FAST detailing product

303 oil.... use it on everything from boat to truck bumper. Excellent protection and long lasting.

Spray nine to remove scuffs and marks.

Then plastic renew to bring back the shine.

It's all good as long as it's plastic compatible.

Gotta give that Turtle Wax Ice a try though ... looks like the cats azz.

Back