• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cleaning plastic

Yamacat21

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
what are you guys doing to clean up your sleds without soap and water? Any good all purpose cleaners or auto detail sprays that you have found work without harming decals and plastics?

Waiting with semi-baited breath for replies too...........

Depending on your color. Could use meguiars black box. I got it for the wife's car and it shines the plastic up good

Got Yamaha spray polish in my viper care kit. Works fairly well. Have always used Original Motorcycle spray wax and polish. Seems to have a little less wax then the Yamaha stuff so wipes off a little faster/easier in my opinion. Get mine at farm store.

Orange Pledge (lemon wasn't on sale) on the hood parts only. 303 cleaner on the plastic.

Thanks for the replies, I will take into account all the info. I'm just looking for something less wax based and not greasy. I might try the mothers products. Have any of you ever tried Wizard products?

I use either mother's or Meguiars ( I also use there quick detailers , quick and easy) on all the painted surfaces just like i do with my, truck and my classic cars. For any clear plastic surfaces such as the windshield, gauges, headlights, taillight i use Mequiars plastic X which removes any minor scratches and makes them look like new again. For the aluminum tunnel i use Wicked Wizard polish followed by a wipe down of a fine powder on a cloth ( old trick i picked up) such as corn starch to help remove the remaining black residue after the initial polish giving it a clearer shine. For the lower black plastic pieces i use Mothers car interior cleaner/detailer for plastic surfaces. As for the top of the seat i just use warm water to wipe it off. I only use a cleaner on the painted areas of the seat or where my butt won't be. Nothing worst then sliding all over. Seen some guys use armor all and then they have trouble holding on.

Nothing worst then sliding all over. Seen some guys use armor all and then they have trouble holding on.

Learned from that mistake.:D

Back