• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch alignment am I ok?

1BADS8SS

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
NYTRO
I have the Ulmer clutch tool. I believe I'm using it right I have the open part around the primary sheave and here's how it looks on the back of the secondary. Seems a little off? I've been fighting this for about 2 days

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 239
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 237
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 214

If my center to center is ok can I float the secondary? Someone please school me

There's no clutch alignment adjustment other than shimming the secondary and setting float. If alignment is off then most likely you have bad motor mounts. Why are you concerned with the alignment? If belt wear is normal then there is nothing to be worried about.

Just that sometimes when I go to load in the trailer I smell belt and there's some belt wear inside the clutch face towards the center. It was last year with a new belt. Aso will the o rings they sell help with some of the noise the clutch makes? I know it's not the right fix

There is no good fix for clutch rattle. Clean and inspect the clutches and make sure the belt height in the secondary is correct. I wash the belt and clutches with soapy water and then scuff both with a scotch pad to take off any glaze.

Back