• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

clutch weights

2008FxNytro

VIP Member
Website
www.mpminc.net
hey guys, i am having a guy clean my clutches for me and he said my wieghts are a bit worn and should be replaced. i looked online for the stock ones but there appears to be a few diff options....anybody know which ones to get?

No way no how should your stock weights from an 08 nytro be worn & need replacement. Please elaborate on what the issue is.

Thats as much as i know. the guy who i know is very good with clutches and sleds in general is cleaning my clutches for they year. And he was looking them over for me and said the weights have some wear on them. Told me they would be ok for another year but i should replace them. Sled has 6K on it....

Did he mention anything about the rollers? If they are seized then the metal on metal will wear the weights a bit, but I think the rollers should be softer metal than the weights. My old 1998 700 v-max had over 18,000 on stock rollers and weights. Not surprising that the Nyrtos have the exact same clutches 11 years later!

On a 1998 SRX that I had with 7,500 miles the weights were showing wear at the leading edge of the weight, where the roller rests on the weight when stationary. There were small depressions in the weight from the rollers. I never could tell any difference in clutch operation.
Never replaced the weights. My friend who bought the sled has put a few more "K" on it with no clutch problems.
mj

Straight_up_XTX said:
Did he mention anything about the rollers? If they are seized then the metal on metal will wear the weights a bit, but I think the rollers should be softer metal than the weights. My old 1998 700 v-max had over 18,000 on stock rollers and weights. Not surprising that the Nyrtos have the exact same clutches 11 years later!

Said rollers looked really good just the weights. I also thought it was weird but hey, he knows much more than i do.

Back