• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutching for higher elevation

SnowBandit

Expert
Website
www.slednewengland.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro xtx
Will be heading out to west Yellowstone this winter. I am looking at what needs to be done to the clutches to work at the higher elevation compared to the east coast. Anyone have an experience with doing this? I will be sticking to all trails out west if that makes a difference.

If you're going to stick to all trails you can probably leave it alone, but if you get tempted by the powder at all and want to jump off and play, you should adjust the rivets in your weights. Do you have a short track or XTX model? All stock?

09 xtx. Last time I was out I stuck to all trails and plan on the same. My dad is in his 60s who will be riding with me so not going to play off trail.

For one trip and mostly trails I wouldn’t worry about it. The power curve on the 4 strokes is pretty forgiving when the clutching is a little off.

Back