• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

comfort clutch spring-great add

What are you guys doing when warming up,my vector warms up at over 3000rpms,are you just using the parking brake? I like the idea.

What are you guys doing when warming up,my vector warms up at over 3000rpms,are you just using the parking brake? I like the idea.

What is your sled's WARM idle speed? Should be 1300-1500 RPM. I'm guessing that your warm idle speed is much too high which would lead to your COLD/CHOKE idle being that high. Or your carbs are way out of synch?

I'll double check that but I'm pretty sure it's close to 3000.when you first put the choke on and start it I hope I'm wrong. Just synced the carbs,it idles at 1600

None should rev that high with choke, my tach makes its sweep and settles@about 2100, but I always back my choke to middle within 5/6 seconds, has never engaged on cold start, makes loading,unloading,tight turns,easy take off super nice, no change in power or top end.

I'll warm it up tonight and check it.
Back the warm idle down to 1300. Even before you start it tonight turn the idle screw 1/8 - 1/4 turn CCW and see where you cold and warm idle is at.

I bump mine down also,like I said I'll start it up when I get home,I'm hoping I'm wrong.

I'll do that. Now I'm sitting here trying to picture my tach,I'm giving myself a headache trying to figure it out. I'll post my findings.

Sorry guys I had to work late so I couldn't do it tonight,by sat for sure.

When you put that spring in do you lose the fun factor? Like wheelies anytime, that nasty acceleration?
NO, you loose nothing, 4stroke has so much torque you loose nothing in performance, mine feels the same with hole shot pull and ski lift, when you hit the throttle you're right at 10k rpms anyways, just easier on clutch

Whats the numbers on this ? force,coil etc for both on sales.

I said numbers, as coil thickness, pre load,max load etc.

Back